Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let me tell you about my "Thankful to God for...." list. It varies often depending on mood, amount of sleep, stress level and ... whether or not I feel a sense of hope and well being in the future. To explain briefly,

MY PAST, although past, is very much a part of my ongoing story , but can not control my present or future. It may influence it sometimes, but I forgave myself for poor judgement and wrong choices, and put the pain in the past. Letting go of the "junk" allows me to remember the beautiful and meaningful parts of the past and to look back on the good and special life I have been blessed to have. We all have a myriad of great memories and need to look back and smile!!

MY PRESENT
I have a little prayer that works for me:

" Lord, I can't undo what I've done , can't undo what's been done to me, and can't even figure out how much guilt I should feel . So thank you for a new day and stay with me. Remind me that I am not alone, and help me make my choices. Open my eyes. Open my ears. Open my mind. Guide my heart . God, let the beauty of this day stay with me, and help me to share that beauty with others. AMEN and Good luck."
It can't be easy for God . I have my moments.
I have many prayer concerns, and even though some of those will be because of my choices, most will be praises- God has been good, and has given me more than my share of His time and attention. He has also managed to surround me with loving and caring people. I have been carried, and because of those times, I have been blessed to be able to help others through their pain. Support systems are a gift of God that we all benefit from, and we all need to give our support to others. It's huge way to give back.
MY FUTURE
I've tried to lay a firm foundation, and think I have a plan... Retirement with enough.... I have a wish list, but I have to realize the future is God's to know. There will be crisis times there will be many tests of faith, but God has been faithful to me... so Why not be faithful to Him? During those times is not the time to question your faith or to doubt your God. If anything it is the time to be glad you are a church attending Christian where other people will surround you with warmth and love... and help you to face whatever. We should always be able to thank God for the beauty which we found in His day. Without the ability to enjoy good times and peaceful thoughts, your crisis times have won. Every day has a trial or two, but has many good times. Without the ability to appreciate the good things and peaceful moments you allow the junk to win. That is a wrong choice that I won't make, and it is a choice. I am thankful for past, present, and whatever the future holds, and pland to live it every day, with a lot of help, a lot of faith, and a lot of prayer.
Oh yes, prayer. I know for a fact there is a lot of it still going on in schools and workplaces. Ask the kids and talk to working people. God is very much still alive and well!! Sally

No comments: